At Angell’s Dentistry, dental implant restoration is one of a number of types of tooth replacement that Dr. Douglas Angell provides for patients. While many options exist to replace missing teeth, only dental implants provide the feel, function and appearance of natural teeth.
It has been estimated that 69 percent of Americans age 35 to 44 have at least one missing tooth, and one in four over the age of 74 have lost ALL their natural teeth. This may explain why dentists place more than 5.5 million implants annually in the U.S.
If you are interested in an implant, call our office and we can set up a consult with Dr. Angell. He can answer any questions you might have and determine if you implants are right for you.
You may be a good candidate for dental implants if:
- You have missing teeth that are affecting the way you look, speak and chew
- Your dentures are uncomfortable
- You need a bridge but do not want to have good tooth structure removed
- You are in good general health; you don’t have a chronic illness such as diabetes or leukemia
- You are not a smoker
Here are just a few of the benefits of choosing dental implants:
- They provide a secure fit that helps man-made teeth feel more natural than typical bridges or dentures
- Dental implants are the only dental restoration option that preserves and stimulates natural bone, actually helping to stimulate bone growth and prevent bone loss
- They are a good investment and can last a lifetime with proper care
- Teeth restored with dental implants can’t get cavities
If you are looking for a dentist in the Troy and Birmingham area who has extensive experience doing dental implants, be sure to check out Dr. Douglas Angell. Angell’s Dentistry is committed to providing each of our patients with a beautiful, healthy smile and unmatched dental care. Be sure to visit our website at: www.angellsdentistry.com.