According to a Gallup poll conducted in 2013, one-third of Americans say they did not visit the dentist at all in the past year.
Here are more interesting survey results:
- Women are more likely than men to report visiting the dentist annually.
- Fifty-five percent of both African Americans and Hispanics reported visiting the dentist in the past year. Whites and Asians are at about 70 percent.
- Adults aged 18-29 are least likely to have visited the dentist but only marginally less so than those who are middle aged or older.
- Those who earn $120,000 or more annually are about twice as likely as those who earn less than $12,000 to say they visited the dentist in the past year—82 percent and 43 percent, respectively.
- Dental visit rates have declined for low- and middle-income households with incomes between $24,000 and $60,000 per year.
- Married adults are more likely than single adults to visit the dentist.
Dr. Douglas Angell recommends regular dental visits because they can help spot oral health problems early on when treatment is likely to be simpler and more affordable.
If you are looking for a dentist in the Troy and Birmingham area who utilizes the latest dental techniques and technology, be sure to check out Dr. Douglas Angell. Angell’s Dentistry is committed to providing each of our patients with a beautiful, healthy smile and unmatched dental care. Give our office a call at (248) 362-4330 and be sure to visit our website at: www.angellsdentistry.com.