Whether you are giving your 5-year old, your spouse, or your significant other a Valentine’s Day kiss, good oral hygiene will make it all the sweeter.
Keep your mouth healthy and attractive with these simple tips:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day with toothpaste containing fluoride
- Floss at least once daily to remove plaque between and around teeth
- Reduce the amount of sugary and acidic food and drinks you consume (candy, sodas, and sports drinks)
- Eat a well balanced diet of lean proteins, complex carbohydrates, healthy fats, fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts, and fiber
- If you feel the need for gum or a mint to freshen your breath, be sure to select products with xylitol, as studies have proven that it actually reduces your odds of getting cavities
- Drink plenty of water (preferably fluoridated), as dry mouth is one of the key causes of bad breath (halitosis)
If you are looking for a dentist in the Troy and Birmingham area who utilizes the latest dental techniques and technology, be sure to check out Dr. Douglas Angell. Angell’s Dentistry is committed to providing each of our patients with a beautiful, healthy smile and unmatched dental care. Give our office a call at (248) 362-4330 and be sure to visit our website at: www.angellsdentistry.com.