According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the American Academy of Periodontology, recent studies show that more American adults may suffer from moderate to severe gum disease than previously thought.
Left untreated, periodontal disease not only can lead to tooth loss, but it also has been linked to other chronic inflammatory diseases such as cardiovascular disease, rheumatoid arthritis and diabetes. At Angell’s Dentistry, we believe that it is more essential than ever to maintain healthy teeth and gums—with daily brushing, flossing and even a comprehensive periodontal evaluation.
Call our office to schedule an appointment if you are experiencing any of the following common warning signs of gum disease:
- Bleeding gums when you brush or floss. This bleeding is not normal. Even if your gums don’t hurt, get them checked.
- Red, swollen, or tender gums.
- Gums that have pulled away from teeth. Part of the tooth’s root may show, or your teeth may look longer.
- Pus between the teeth and gums (when you press on the gums).
- Bad breath.
- Permanent teeth that are loose or moving away from each other.
- Changes in the way your teeth fit when you bite.
- Changes in the fit of partial dentures or bridges.
If you are looking for a dentist in the Troy and Birmingham area who utilizes the latest dental techniques and technology, be sure to check out Dr. Douglas Angell. Angell’s Dentistry is committed to providing each of our patients with a beautiful, healthy smile and unmatched dental care. Give our office a call at (248) 362-4330 and be sure to visit our website at: www.angellsdentistry.com.